What You Should Know About Us
As counselors helping courageous men and women who have suffered severe trauma, we want everyone we collaborate with to understand that:
We Will Not:
- Try to "fix" you
- Tell you what to do
- Assume what is best for you
- Act as if we know all the answers
- Make the hard parts of understanding trauma magically "go away."
- Remind you that healing is possible and you are not broken
- Give the appropriate time and space to access your own wisdom inside
- Support you in figuring out what to do
- Realize that we don't know it all
- Partner with you on how to make the hard parts of understanding trauma easier to sit with
Read testimonies of those men and women who have taken the brave step to address their healing and confirm this honor code is alive and working at Discovering MErcy.