Our faith-based counseling provides a restoration process to keep you safe and on a new journey or self-compassion turning fear into love.
Brains affected by trauma need new cognitive conditioning--a time-intensive healing process. Severe trauma requires serious healing. Healing from trauma usually require week-long intensives with individualized therapy to help you rebuild a life with freedom for yourself and your loved ones.
Through intensive counseling, we will help teach you to:
- Understand your mind/body/heart's processing of trauma and why problems can seem cyclical
- Identify triggers, which may have contributed to patterns you'd like to break
- Improve your interpersonal communication and connection with valued relationships
- Increase self-independence and self-reliance through education and experiential activities
- Develop new coping skills to effectively process emotions, stress, or loss
- Begin to see yourself and the parts of you as a reflection of God's love
We feel blessed to serve so many in our local and national communities. Discovering MErcy has made an impact on a global reach as well.
Here's are all the countries that have seemed counsel from Discovering MErcy:
Discovering MErcy provides both hourly appointments (1 to 6 hours) and intensive sessions (2 to 5 days) to provide education and development of life skills so survivors can learn how to manage day-to-day life and challenging situations.
For those requesting an intensive session, they may reserve a room at the Discovering MErcy Home for an additional nominal fee. The Discovering MErcy Home is a peaceful, loving environment where you can enjoy evenings to rest, reflect or explore the beautiful area.
Having a support system is essential and standing with survivors through the pain is critical. We educate support companions on how to assist the survivor with developing life skills as they journey into their own healing. Our success is measured in the number of people we can help and the quality of services we provide. These services are fueled by our dedicated staff, caring volunteers, and generous donors like you.
Interested in learning if our services are for you or someone you may know? Read about the types of trauma we help treat.